Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Learning curves

  • Damn you, Apple, and your shiny, minimalist store and Helvetia copy and assertation that my new computer and I are about to embark on some lifelong journey together.
  • Why is the command key so far away from my pinky? Why is it not where the control key is on PCs if it serves the same function? No, I am not calling it the Open Apple key, because I this is not 1995 and I am not a tool.
  • There are two types of Apple people: those who swear up and down that they're not Apple People, and those who fully embrace it. I haven't decided which one I am yet but I've used the phrase "drink the Kool-aid" at least five times today so I'm guessing it'll be the former.
  • Trackpad = AMAZING. The four-finger alt-tab thing is pure genius. There are a lot of cool little tricks that I'm noticing.
  • This taskbar thing at the bottom of the screen needs to be gone. I hate icon clutter. GO AWAY.
  • On Firefox, the tabs come down from the menu bar and not up from the pages themselves. I don't think I need to tell you how messed up that is. I can abide some suspension of disbelief (I know they're not real tabs, for example), but that is just ridiculous.
  • Error sound = fart.
  • The graphics seem really nice. I only wish my Sim were here to experience it.
  • I bought the student edition of Adobe CS5, so I have to send in student verification stuff before I get my product code. But when I do, I am going to Photoshop and Illustrate and, uh, Dreamweave everything in sight.
  • Oh, you can hide the bar at the bottom. That's good.
  • I have to write a paper tomorrow before I go out of town, so I guess I'll find out then whether or not iWork was worth the relatively low price I paid.
  • I also got a shiny purple iPod nano. Unfortunately, all of my music is still stuck on my old computer.
  • I just spent $1800.00+ on a computer and software. For real. Damn.
I think that's it so far. Now I need to go to bed. I've got a lot of cognitive dissonance I need to sleep off.

No comments:

Post a Comment