Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A little bit about the future

Burlesque, by the way, is awesome. People see you naked and they cheer! How liberating must that be? I am hooked. In the spring, when I have time, I will be taking classes.

Right now I'm in my editing class. Taking a break, so you'll understand if there are errors in this post. Some quick background: Technical Communication is my fourth major. I hope it will be my last. Writing, as it turns out, is awesome. I think that's something I used to know, but I had forgotten. When I was little, I wanted to be a flight attendant. I actually wanted to be a writer, but I officially wanted to be a flight attendant so I could A., have a steady job, and B, have a built-in source of inspiration in all of the new people I'd meet and places I'd go.

I was a very practical child.

Anyway I am in Editing, which, as it turns out, is even more awesome than the writing itself. Writing is fun; writer's block is not. Having to come up with something creative and interesting and readable on a deadline is not. I'm sure this is something that gets easier with time and practice, but I am all about instant gratification, and I'm good at editing now. Plus, I'm a very process-oriented person. Writing is never done; you can always improve everything. Editing, I suppose, is similar, but there is a discernable end most of the time - this letter is completely free of spelling and grammatical errors; that article completely follows AP style guidelines, etc. I like fixing things, and I have known almost since I first learned to read that there is no end to the writing that needs to be fixed.

So this is the plan, for now:
1. Keep editing
2. Earn this degree
3. Save the world, one comma splice at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment