Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Late night list

1. It's very late/very early and I am awake. I was asleep at one point,  but no longer. I woke up and started thinking about things, you know, the things that seem so important when you're half asleep and you can't stop thinking about them, but once they fully wake you up you realize it could've waited til morning, because what are you going to do at 2AM anyway? Write an email? The recipient will see the timestamp and think you're weird (note: please do not read the timestamp on this blog).

2. I cleaned my entire bathroom after Zumba class today, both rooms, and it was pretty gross because it's got dormered walls and I don't normally clean the parts I can't stand up straight in. Did you know that in the humidity of a bathroom, dirt becomes mud? And the dirt-mud all has hair in it so it forms this sort of caked-on matrix that sticks to every surface and doesn't wash off of your mop and rag. Anyway, that's my bathroom, gross and unclean, or at least it was until earlier tonight.

3. I have to go to work tomorrow, then the gym (Fitness Yoga? Do I have the balls? WE SHALL SEE.) then this show because I hate interactive theater only slightly less than getting ashes put on my forehead, especially with bangs (the bangs affect only the ashes, not the theater. That was a poorly worded sentence). Why am I awake? See #1; and also, I don't want to jump to conclusions or anything but I started taking Adderall today. That might have influenced #2 as well. I don't know; I also had a big mocha at lunch. Right now I'm choosing to focus on how badass it is to have a bottle labeled "AMPHETAMINE 5MG" in my purse. Even though I know it's not badass at all, not even for me (I used to take Dexatrim all the time in high school, which was insane, because I weighted like 130 pounds and even back then people knew how dangerous ephedrine was. How am I still alive, right?).

4. Anyway, I'm obviously still rambling, and last night I was going to split an apple with Ryan and on my way into his bedroom got sidetracked for 15 minutes putting my laundry away, and I'm fighting with every fiber of my being the impulse to make a Charlie Sheen joke right now. So based on all of that I'm starting do doubt the efficacy of Adderall, unless the goal is to keep you awake long enough to get more shit done. Not sure how that would help with forgetfulness, but I'm no doctor. Oh, speaking of doctors, the psychiatrist I saw kept asking me the same questions over and over again, and I'm pretty sure it was because he was making sure I wasn't lying about having ADD (because Adderall's a controlled substance and commonly abused I KNOW BADASS RIGHT?), but it's a little unsettling to be seeing a doctor who seems more forgetful than you are.

5. Damn, prescriptions are expensive. This is a fact you do not appreciate until you have a $3000 deductible.

6. Maybe if I ate something I'd fall asleep? I didn't have dinner (which is what reminded me about the Dexatrim, random I guess) so it would be that too-empty stomach situation so I might get a belly ache. Also, I'd have to brush my teeth and I would like my sink to stay clean for at least eight hours.

7. I need to make the chicken in the fridge. I could stick it in the crock pot, but (see #3) I won't be home until very late tomorrow, which is actually today.

8. I could go shovel the snow that's still coming down, but my boots are in my car which is on the wrong side of the snow from my bed; also, I am not wearing pants.

9. Winning, duh! Damnit, Beck...

10. Nutella. Got some at Target yesterday while I was waiting for my prescription. Nutella, then lying quietly for...three hours, really?...until I have to go to work. Done.


Good night, sort of. I hope.

(Bonus #11: Have you ever tried to proofread something you wrote at 3AM? Yikes. And I'm probably not catching all of the errors. I apologize in advance, although by the time you read this, it will actually be too late.)

No comments:

Post a Comment